- selfdrive.ae (Pinewoods Technology Services FZE) respects your privacy and recognizes the need to protect the personally identifiable information (any information by which you can be identified, such as name, address, and telephone number) you share with us. We would like to assure you that we follow appropriate standards when it comes to protecting your privacy on our web sites.
- In general, you can visit selfdrive.ae without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. We track the Internet address of the domains from which people visit us and analyze this data for trends and statistics, but the individual user remains anonymous.
- Any personal information gathered by or for selfdrive.ae (Pinewoods Technology Services FZE) under this policy will be owned and controlled by selfdrive.ae (Pinewoods Technology Services FZE), subject to law of the land.
- We may also receive/store information about your location and your mobile device. We may use this information for internal analysis and to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content.
- We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
- We may be required to share the aforesaid information with government authorities and agencies for the purposes of verification of identity or for prevention, detection, investigation including cyber crime, prosecution and punishment of offences. You agree and consent for selfdrive.ae disclosing your information, if so required under the applicable law.
- There are times when we may collect personal information from you such as name, physical address or telephone number. It is our intent to inform you before we do that and to tell you what we intend to do with the information. Generally, you will have the option not to provide the information, and in the future you will be able to "opt out" of certain uses of the information. If you choose not to provide the information we request, you can still visit the selfdrive.ae website, but you may be unable to access certain options, offers and services.
- When you register with us, we or any of our partners/affiliate/group companies may contact you from time to time to provide the offers/information of such products/services that we believe may benefit you.
- From time to time, we may contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
THINGS TO BE TAKEN CARE OF BY USER
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal information (including sensitive personal information). Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
Are minors allowed to use www.selfdrive.ae?
- Use of website and services of booking/rental/driving of selfdrive.ae is available only to persons who are above the age of 24 years and max age of 65 years and can form a legally binding contract under the Law of Land. If you are a minor i.e. under the age of majority specified by Law of the Land, you may use www.selfdrive.ae only through a parent or guardian.
Disclosure to our service providers and agents
We may use other companies as our service providers or agents to act on our behalf and assist us in the conduct of our business, performing services for us under our instruction. These services may include hosting certain websites or databases, operating "apps" for us on our social media networks' pages, running contests, sweepstakes and other promotions for us, sending marketing communications, carrying out data analysis and conducting customer satisfaction surveys or other research. We will seek to require our service providers and agents to maintain appropriate security standards to protect your personal data and use the personal data we provide to them only for the purposes we specify.
Disclosure for corporate transactions
We may disclose your personal data to a third party in connection with any contemplated or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Marketing Uses and Disclosures
We may aggregate your personal data and use it to develop marketing programs and service offerings that we believe may be of interest to you. We would like to send these to you by email, by text message or by mail. We would also like to share your personal data with our licensees, affiliates and business partners for their marketing purposes. You have choices in relation to our marketing uses of your personal data, based upon the residence for you in our records, We will only use your personal data for our marketing purposes with your prior consent, which may be collected from a number of sources.
Disclosure to companies you use
We will also share your information with companies you use in connection with your rental, including:
- Your credit card provider and other companies that process your charges;
- Any company or organization that is paying all or part of your rental charges;
- Any intermediary you use, such as a travel agent or broker, in relation to any aspect of your rental; and Any operator of a membership program for which you are rewarded for renting with us, such as a frequent flyer program etc.
- We will not store in unauthorised manner debit/credit card details or make any Unauthorised disclosure about the details of the same to any third party. Any disclosures NOT made in normal course of business required for transaction to take effect or otherwise made without your permission are Unauthorised.
- Details of the policy/security/pathway for transmission of payment card details:
selfdrive.ae will not sell, trade or disclose to third parties any information derived from the registration for, or use of, any online service (including names and addresses) without the consent of the user or customer (except as required by subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process or in the case of imminent physical harm or likelihood of the same to the user or others). We will allow suppliers to access the information for purposes of confirming your registration and providing you with benefits you are entitled to.
- All credit/debit cards details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties.
- Merchant will not pass any debit/credit card details to third parties.
- We takes appropriate steps to ensure data privacy and security including through various hardware and software methodologies.
- The Website Policies and Terms & Conditions may be changed or updated occasionally to meet the requirements and standards. Therefore the Customers' are encouraged to frequently visit these sections in order to be updated about the changes on the website. Modifications will be effective on the day they are posted.
- We are not responsible for the privacy policies of websites to which it links. If you provide any information to such third parties different rules regarding the collection and use of your personal information may apply. We strongly suggest you review such third party's privacy policies before providing any data to them. We are not responsible for the policies or practices of third parties. Please be aware that our sites may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties. The information practices of those Web sites linked to our site is not covered by this Policy. These other sites may send their own cookies or clear GIFs to users, collect data or solicit personally identifiable information. We cannot control this collection of information. You should contact these entities directly if you have any questions about their use of the information that they collect.